Saturday, August 28, 2010

Feeling a bit arty.

Lately I have been feeling a little bit arty. I have been wanting to get messy with paint and just do some creating that doesn't involve too much thinking. Some of my friends out there in cyberspace have been creating Art Journals and I decided that would be something I would like to try. But in order to do that I needed a journal. I decided to be adventurous and make my own. I am not sure what I was thinking at the time, but it is done now.


The journal is roughly 8 x 11.5in and is made from calico.


Inside there are seven sheets of art paper which have been folded in half. I may add more down the track if I have been feeling very creative.

This is definitely something that is out of my comfort zone. It is messy, haphazard and different to anything I have ever really done. But I really enjoyed the process and I think it turned out okay.

So now just to get creative and start filling those journal pages up. I don't think there will be much journaling in it. It will be more just random ramblings, quotes and whatever else I feel like doing at the time. But I will be sure to share with you whatever I do put in there.

I hope you have had a fabulous Saturday.

Take care

4 comments :

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Looks fab, Renee! So happy to see you blogging again. Sorry you weren't well.

Unknown said...

Looks great, I think it turned out Wondeful... It looks like it would have been fun to make..

btw- Your daughter in the cat in the hat turned out so cute.. You did say you made that?

Hugs, Linda

Christine said...

It looks great! I love the calico, fabric is such a great choice for journal covers!

Nikki xx said...

Renee, your journal is just beautiful. I love it! xxx