Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Manly Men!

Manly Men...that is this weeks challenge over on the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog. So celebrate the men in our lives by creating a card using a Tiddly Inks image.

I will be honest and admit that I struggled a bit with this challenge because I don't really make male cards.  I am not sure why. Hmmm something to think about. I guess everything I do is very girly because I have been blessed with two little princesses. So I tried to the best of my abilities to pull together a male card and this is what I came up with.

In this card I used Take A Stand  and added my own words to the signs using Photoshop....gotta love digi images! 
So I hope you will join in with us for this weeks challenge, I would love to be inspired to make more manly cards from your gorgeous creations.

12 comments :

Loopylou. said...

renee i think this is just stunning hun and you rocked the challenge, hugs Lou xxx

Jen Shults said...

This is lovely... the coloring on her hair is amazing and what a great idea to use this image for a Father's Day card!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Renee - this is fabulous!!! It looks to me like you make masculine cards all the time!!! The coloring is fabulous - and YES I love photoshop too!! The bars and scrolling on the side are outstanding!!! Is that a diecut? GORGEOUS!
Hugs,
M

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Oooo, there seems to be some 3D effect happening with this card. Is it like a swing gate card?

Love the wrought iron door hinges and all the Dad posters. Cute idea.

Larissa said...

Great card Renee! I love how you coloured the image and I also like that you can add a text to your image! :)

Hugs,
Larissa

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

GORGEOUS!!! Enough said. :)

mycardz said...

HI Renee! Awww, I think you made a fantastic MANLY card. What a great idea to use this image and add the perfect sentiments. Your coloring is AWESOME too! hugz, Mary

Anonymous said...

Renee, you did such a wonderful job on this masculine card!!! Love how you can personalize this digi too....Your work is amazing! Great coloring too!

Cheryl Valadez said...

This is fabulous! I love the special messages you added on the signs. I have trouble with "guy" cards, too, so I feel your pain...lol! This one, however, is perfect :) Hugz, Cheryl

DonnaMundinger said...

What a great idea using this image! LOVE it! I think everyone struggles with male cards but this is fantastic! xxD

Unknown said...

Well you did a smashing job. This looks great.. I really struggle also with masculine cards...

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Renee, for not making many male cards yours is just wonderful! I LOVE your coloring and how you put this card together, especially the dad sentiments on the signs.