Thursday, August 20, 2009

Do the twist

Hi everyone.

How has your week been so far? We have all been enjoying the beautiful weather. I put a pair of shorts on today for the first time in a while, I think my legs were almost blinded by the light. I know I was almost blinded by how white my legs were lol.

I promised you all that i would show you my first altered book (although I did say I would put it up yesterday oops). I created this for the first round of the Scraptwist Competition over at 123 Scrapbook. The criteria was that you had to use paint with a twist that all chipboard used had to be left raw. So this was the project that I made.

The cover
Inside the book

The photo doesn't show it very well, but there is a niche cut out of the book for the vials to rest in. I am really proud at how this tuned out, I love it. I definitely think I will be making more.

Well just a short post for tonight my friends I will be back soon with some more creations.

Take care
Renee xox

6 comments :

Danielle Sheehan said...

hey there,
I was just looking at your blog when your comment came thru, thanks for looking, Im about to put the whole thing up in a minute.

PS Loving your book

Anonymous said...

well well well, you are a clever little chickie arent you! :)
I love that you'll give anything a go Renee, and that very usually you do it very well! :)

Nice work chickadee!

xx

AJ said...

Beautiful altered book - I love that sentiment "said the butterfly", gorgeous!

Samantha Hauzer said...

Wow, that altered book is just stunning!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Oh wow, I really love your book Renee! The butterflies really set it off! I just wanted to say also how awesome it is to see your work in all the mags at the moment - you are on fire!! :D

Belynda-Lee said...

hey sweetie,
omg so loving your altered book, i agree with sky you are definately a clever chickie :D Love It! well done hunnie ide be very proud too if i was you. xox