Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A little bit of Magic

Long time no post. Or at least that is the way it feels lol. I have been busy with the kidlets and a few other bits and pieces. On the weekend Kayla went to a friends birthday party. It was a dress-up party with the theme of Harry Potter or magic. So as a last minute decision I decided I would make her a wizards hat. It had to be pink of course. It was pretty rushed, but Kayla loved it. Then again it is not that hard to please a 5 1/2 year old (thank goodness). I found it really funny that I can create lots of lovely things for scrapbooking and love it, but when it came to making a cardboard hat I really struggled lol.

Anyway here is my little wizard all dressed up

And a bit more of a close up of that hat...

What else have I been up to? I decided on Monday morning that I would make a few little items for the Mother's Day stall at school this week. It is such a cute little idea. Parents donate little items, and the children take their money and buy little goodies for their Mums. So I decided to make a few simple little notebooks and lolly bags. They are all made using the Kaisercraft 6x6 paper pads.

It is amazing what you can achieve in a couple of hours. They are very simple but I didn't want to spend a lot of time on them.

I hope you have had a fabulous week so far.


4 comments :

Chloe said...

WOW!!! Love seeing your creations!! Cute little gifts and what a great cardboard hat!!!

Unknown said...

They're just gorgeous Renee!! You're such a clever girl :0)
Miss Kayla makes a fabulous wizard, she is growing up soooooo fast!
Hugs
Mon
xoxo

Christine said...

What cute little pressies Renee, I bet they all got snapped up!

Samantha Hauzer said...

Those little Mothers Day pressies you made are soooo cute! Your little wizard is pretty cute too :)