Friday, July 30, 2010

Copic Creating-first attempt

Ok.
So playing with Copic markers is something that I have thought about for a little while, but have never been brave enough to do. That is until recently, when the very talented Tanya Tahir started showing some of her stunning work on her blog.

I decided that I too would take the plunge and give this a go. My starter kit arrived from Lime Tart today, as well as some very cute little stamps. So with a bit of time to spare tonight I had a play.

Here is my first creation/attempt....

Coloured with Copics -YG00, YG03, B02, B05, R32, R35, RV10, E31, 0

The stamp is Sweet Pea Stamps -Lisa Victoria's Dragon Luck.

Ok....I have a long, long, long way to go with these markers and I wasn't going to show this little fellow on my blog....but I can only get better hey. Practice makes perfect or so they say. Anyway you have to start somewhere, and I thought I would share my Copic journey with you all :)

Thank you for stopping by

4 comments :

Scrapthat said...

He looks GREAT Renee! You even have texture in the skin! This is a great job! :)

Leanne said...

WOW that is a FABULOUS first attempt!!

If you are interested, I am offering 3 Bon Voyage Magnolia stamps as candy on a new blog I am starting up - if you would like to enter, please click here.

Leanne xx

Samantha Hauzer said...

I think your first attempt is really good! From what I've heard, they take a bit of getting used to, but you look like you've got the hang of it already :)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

OH MY GOODNESS, Renee!! This is fantastic for your first attempt! I really struggled with them at first - took a bit to get used to, but you seem to have the knack of them already! This dragon is gorgeous and I just spied that you won the Lime Tart copic competition for this very image - that is A-MAZING!!!! Congrats! (And thanks for the mention too, you are such a sweetie and to hear that coming from you really means alot because I soooo admire your work) xx